APPLICATION | RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES | TERMS OF RESIDENCY | TERMS OF SERVICE
Terms of Residency
The purpose of Crossroads Centre is to provide a safe, secure, supportive environment for individuals in the early stages of recovery from alcohol and/or drug addiction.
A serious recovery effort and a supportive attitude toward clients and staff are necessary to live at Crossroads Centre. These Terms of Residency apply to all clients, on and off of Crossroads property.
Crossroads Centre believes that in order to be free from addiction, that the focus must be Recovery First.
In order for us to assist you in your recovery, and for a safe and healthy environment to be maintained for everyone, we request a commitment from you to the following:
1. Crossroads has a zero-tolerance policy on using or possessing any alcohol
and/or illegal drugs or misuse of prescription or over-the-counter drugs. A
violation of this policy will result in immediate discharge.
2. Crossroads has a zero tolerance policy on violence. This includes mental,
emotional, sexual or physical violence, intimidation or threats (direct or
indirect). A violation of this policy will result in immediate discharge.
3. Crossroads Centre has a zero tolerance policy on relationships between
male and female clients. Intimate relationships, sexual relationships and
dating between clients is not permitted. No visiting or phone calls between
male and female clients is allowed. Crossroads Centre strives to create a
healthy environment for those in early recovery, and to assist clients in
maintaining a focus on recovery. As well, such relationships can cause
discomfort for other clients.
4. Crossroads Centre does not tolerate aggressive behaviour, swearing,
name-calling, demeaning jokes or comments, gossiping, or aggressive non-
verbal behaviour (such as glaring, gestures, slamming doors, etc.).
5. No weapons are permitted at Crossroads Centre. This includes knives,
switchblades, sharps (needles) or any other object deemed potentially
dangerous by staff.
6. Active participation in group programming is mandatory. Active participation
is contributing appropriately to group discussions and exercises, providing
helpful feedback to group members, coming to groups on time with a willing
attitude and an open mind, and using respectful language. It is required that
you share topic-related thoughts and feelings with the group, and allow
others a chance to share their thoughts and feelings.
7. Clients are not to enter the casino, bars or nightclubs. Clients are not to be
in any location where alcohol or drugs are being used or sold (ie. a house,
wedding or bar section of a restaurant). Clients are not to be with any
people who are intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Should a client need to be in a location where alcohol is being served, they
must first discuss this with their primary counsellor.
8. Gambling, betting on sports, scratch tickets, lottery tickets, nevadas, bingo
and other forms of gambling are not allowed.
9. Unsuitable discussions are not allowed while you are a client of Crossroads
Centre. These discussions re-create old, unhealthy using environments,
can trigger others, may be viewed as aggressive and intimidating by peers,
and do not contribute to a serious recovery. Unsuitable discussions are
defined as talking about using, selling, buying or abusing alcohol and drugs,
committing crimes, being incarcerated, how to manipulate situations, making
sexual comments, gestures or suggestions, and criticizing or making
negative comments about others. Clients are welcome to discuss any of the
above with their counsellor.
10. Inappropriate clothing is not allowed such as clothes/hats with alcohol or
drug related logos, jokes, or pictures, sexual connotations or swears.
Ripped clothing, exposed underwear, belly shirts, short-shorts, mini skirts
and bathing suits are not permitted. Pajamas are not to be worn to groups
or counselling sessions. Material that is violent, pornographic or
disrespectful is not permitted. This includes videos, movies, magazines,
posters, etc. Sunbathing is not permitted on Crossroads property.
11. No products containing alcohol are permitted. This includes mouthwash,
aftershave, hairspray, cough syrup, nail polish remover, etc.
12. Crossroads Centre is a scent-free environment. The use of fragrance
products such as hair and body sprays, perfumes, aftershave and scented
lotions are not permitted. This does not include shampoo, soap, hair
mousse/gel or deodorant.
13. Curfew for pre-treatment clients is 11pm. Curfew for post-treatment clients
is 12am. The doors to all houses will be locked at midnight. All clients are
expected to be in their houses by curfew. If you arrive late, you must notify
the staff on duty. You are not to let someone into a house who is late,
please call staff to let them in.
14. Requests for weekend passes can be made after four weekends of
residency. Passes are not automatically approved and must be supported
by your counsellor. Passes to hotel rooms are not allowed. Clients
returning from a weekend pass must check in with staff. Pretreatment
clients do not qualify for weekend passes.
15. It is the responsibility of all clients to inform staff of any prescription and non-
prescription (such as tylenol, vitamins, herbal supplements, gravol or
alternative medicines) medication they have in their possession.
Medications will be placed in a secured cabinet and must be in their original
container. Clients who receive prescriptions while at Crossroads Centre are
to bring the prescription to staff to arrange for the prescription to be filled
and delivered. Caffeine supplements, energy drinks, performance
enhancing drugs, protein shakes and laxatives are not permitted.
16. Pre-treatment clients are required to attend a minimum of five (5) closed
AA/NA meetings per week. Post-treatment clients are required to attend a
minimum of three (3) closed AA/NA meetings each week. Additional or
alternative self-help programs (such as a healing circle) or an open meeting
can be substituted for one closed meeting. This is to be discussed with your
counsellor and will be considered as part of your recovery plan.
17. Crossroads is non-smoking facility. There is no smoking in any of
Crossroads buildings. You must be more than 3 meters from any door
when you are smoking. The preferred smoking locations are in the smoking
shelters or at the picnic tables. Should you need to smoke after curfew you
are expected to lock the door upon returning to the building.
18. Post-treatment clients are to be on site for meals from Monday to Friday
their first month of residency. Pre-treatment clients are to be on site for
meals from Monday to Friday for their entire term of residency. This allows
for clients to get to know each other and to begin to develop an in-house
19. All clients are assigned chores and household responsibilities that are a
requirement to live at Crossroads Centre. Chores are to be completed
willingly and in a timely manner. All clients are responsible for keeping
themselves and their living spaces clean. Clients are to wash their linens
and bedding on a weekly basis.
20. The following items are not permitted at Crossroads Centre: televisions,
gaming machines, hand-held gaming machines, computers or laptops. Cell
phones must be turned off when on site. Ipods are to be used only in
bedrooms and are not to be used during meals or groups.
21. Hair dying, hair cutting, piercing and tattooing is not allowed on site.
22. Guest and counselling fees, where applicable, must be paid in advance.
23. Clients who have a personal vehicle on site may not transport or offer rides
to other clients, at any time during their residency.
24. Crossroads Centre will dispose of any personal property that is left behind
30 days from the discharge date. Medication that is left behind will be
disposed of within 24 hours of discharge.
All staff and clients are expected to assist in ensuring that Crossroads is a safe environment. If you are aware of anyone violating these Terms of Residency, you are to report it to a staff member. All such reports are anonymous.
These terms of residency must be signed by client.
Click here to download the Terms of Residency form.